The firm is recognized for its knowledge of the energy practice. Our team of experienced lawyers is able to provide assistance and advice to any company in the entire energy supply chain, from energy service companies to investors, contractors, suppliers and energy traders.
In the energy sector, the firm offers services and advice for project development, due diligence and relations with all regulators, as well as in extraordinary corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, contractual arrangements, tax issues, litigation and arbitration.
Our expertise is based on many years of experience in the energy sector and include:
- Renewable energy. Over the years we have followed the development of more than 500 MW of new energy production plants fuelled from renewable sources. We support our clients at all stages, starting from feasibility studies, land purchase agreements, development agreements, engineering procurement contracts, O&M, supply contracts, financing and financial lease agreements, management of the relationship with the GSE, due diligence on plants, up to the sale of the quotas of the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) in the secondary market.
- Energy Communities. The firm is strongly focused on all the legal activities necessary for the incorporation and development of the renewable energy communities from the preparation of the deed of incorporation until the assistance in the development of the project and in the management of the relevant tax issues.
- Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). Emilio Sani is among the first professionals to realize and develop long-term PPA projects for self-consumption. His contractual models of PPA and those of operational leasing for photovoltaic systems, cogenerators and lighting systems are widely used in the Italian market and have become reference models over the years.
- Energy efficiency. We are the best partner for those who focus on energy savings and efficiency as a central cornerstone of their activities.
We advise companies in the definition of energy performance contracts and operating leasing agreements, feasibility studies, due diligence for the purchase of projects incentivized with white certificates, Thermal Account (“Conto Termico”) or tax deductions. We assist our clients in the procedures for the obtainment of the incentives with GSE, ARERA, Tax Agency, ENEA and other entities involved.
- Self-consumption and energy efficiency for public bodies. We advise Municipalities, utilities, hospitals and other public bodies in the development of energy efficiency projects for heating and/or lighting systems and for self-consumption practices from photovoltaics, including through project finance
- Electric mobility. We assist operators in the installation of energy distributors for electric mobility (e.g. “electric columns”) and in all the regulatory and tax issues related to electric-mobility services.
- Assistance in administrative procedures. We provide ongoing support for any type of procedure before GSE, ARERA and Ministry of Economic Development, for the obtainment of incentives, sanctions, approval of tariffs, conciliation with consumers, as well as at all stages of possible litigation by the administrative, tax and civil court.